onsdag 12 december 2012

Waiting Times at Södersjukhuset

These are the waiting times at my local hospital. I think it is unacceptable. Luckily I'm feeling a-ok.
The regular ER has 4h33m, Children's ER 2:15 and Ob/Gyn 2:40.

Väntetider Södersjukhuset Akuten
To Wait Always

I haven't done any ER-clincal rotations yet and I am looking forward to it. But 4 and a half hours! Come on. I think that is the standard wait in the evenings though :(

There must be something that can be done to avoid this!

I found an american software company that has developed a platform that lets people pre-register and check which Emergency Center has the shortest line. It's called Inquicker (their website here).

The general idea is that the patient can pre-register and choose the ER with the best availability. This saves a lot of time according to themselves at least. It seems to be a really good idea. Wonder if it can be implemented in Sweden?


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar